Gradings

SiteReference: 

AutoID: 

27/06/2012 - 2:00am

Grading: 

GradingComment: 

archiveimport

FullStatementOfSignificance: 

This structure is all that remains of the Methodist Chapel which was the first building erected for Christian worship in Grahamstown. William Shaw was chiefly responsible for its erection. It was dedicated on 10 November 1822 and served the Wesleyan Methodist congregation until Wesley Chapel was erected in 1832. Until 1830 it was also the Church of England place of worship and the Garrison Chapel.

Author: 

Anonymous
 
 

Search form