Sites

9/2/003/0054

Group

SiteHeader

SiteID: 

64

FullSiteName: 

Fraser's Camp Signal Tower, Albany District

SiteCategory: 

PropertyIsSite: 

No

ReferenceList: 

Group content visibility: 

Public - accessible to all site users

Author: 

Anonymous

FeaturedSite?: 

NO
Post date: 07/08/2012
Site Comments:

Archive Import
History: Fraser’s Camp Tower was the next signal tower after Governor’s Kop. It stands on the farm Tower Hill to the south of the national road and about 11 km west of the Fish River. In 1835, long before the signal tower was built, Lieutenant-Governor Andries Stockenstrom built a temporary military post here, named after the first Landdrost of Grahamstown, Capt. George S. Fraser.
Proclaimed 1938"
Visual Description:
Colours:
Site Features:
Condition: Fair
Construction Date: 1843
Materials:
Catalogue: , No: , Significance Category:

 
 

Search form