Sites

9/2/003/0085

Group

SiteHeader

SiteID: 

91

FullSiteName: 

Chapel of St Mary and All the Angels, Rhodes University, Grahamstown

SiteCategory: 

PropertyIsSite: 

No

ReferenceList: 

Group content visibility: 

Public - accessible to all site users

Author: 

Anonymous

FeaturedSite?: 

NO
Post date: 07/08/2012
Site Comments:

Archive Import
History: This basilican chapel was built in 1915/16. The foundation stone was laid on 2 June 1915 and the chapel was consecrated by Bishop Phelps on 14 October 1916. The impressive fresco of the Madonna and Child above the altar was painted by Sister Margaret from 1924 to 1929.
Visual Description:
Colours:
Site Features:
Condition:
Construction Date: 1915-1916
Materials:
Catalogue: , No: , Significance Category:

 
 

Search form