Sites

9/2/312/0005

Group

SiteHeader

SiteID: 

26496

FullSiteName: 

Town Hall, Voortrekker Street, Fauresmith

SiteCategory: 

PropertyIsSite: 

No

ReferenceList: 

Group content visibility: 

Use group defaults

Author: 

Anonymous

FeaturedSite?: 

NO
Post date: 07/08/2012
Site Comments:

Archive Import
History: The building was completed in June 1930 after the previous town hall was destroyed by fire in 1927. It was officially opened by the Administrator of the Orange Free State, C T M Willcocks and the Mayor of Fauresmith, Dr J J van Niekerk.
Visual Description: Single storey plastered brick building under pitched corrugated iron roof. Symmetrical front facade with tower, triangular pediment and pilasters. Extensions on side elevations with lean-to corrugated iron verandahs. Timber doors and windows.
Colours:
Site Features:
Condition: Good
Construction Date: 1930
Materials: Plastered brick : Corrugated iron
Catalogue: Gous, 1994, No: 1.8, Significance Category:

Directions:
High impact, situated on main street.
 
 

Search form