Sites

9/2/008/0006

Group

SiteHeader

SiteID: 

29471

FullSiteName: 

St Mary's Church, Church Street, Barkly West

SiteCategory: 

PropertyIsSite: 

No

ReferenceList: 

Group content visibility: 

Use group defaults

Author: 

Anonymous

FeaturedSite?: 

NO
Post date: 07/08/2012
Site Comments:

Archive Import
History: St Mary's Church was the first permanent church building erected in the Klipdrift Area after the discovery of diamonds in this vicinity in 1869. The foundation stone of the building was laid in February 1872 by Sir Henry Barkly, after which the church was consecrated on 24 November 1872.
Visual Description:
Colours:
Site Features:
Condition:
Construction Date: 1872
Materials: Stone : Thatch
Catalogue: , No: , Significance Category:

Directions:
High
 
 

Search form