Sites

9/2/081/0006

Group

SiteHeader

SiteID: 

27730

FullSiteName: 

Corriemar, 4 Main Road, St James, Cape Town

SiteCategory: 

PropertyIsSite: 

No

ReferenceList: 

Author: 

Anonymous
Post date: 07/08/2012
Site Comments:

Archive Import
History:
Visual Description:
Colours:
Site Features: White painted timber fence on street boundary.
Condition: Good
Construction Date: 1879
Materials: a/c tiles : mixture of plastered brick (to rear) and stone
Catalogue: , No: , Significance Category:

Admin Comments:
Originally stables and coach house to Carisbrooke. 1893 bought by William Searle. Converted by Architect, W Delbridge. Called cottage, Devon Cottage. Sold in 1908 to neighbour, William Pocock who changed name to Corriemar. Bibliography archive: Michael Walker
 
 

Search form