Sites

9/2/081/0056

Group

SiteHeader

SiteID: 

27701

FullSiteName: 

Dutch Reformed Church, St Georges Street, Simonstown

SiteCategory: 

PropertyIsSite: 

No

ReferenceList: 

Group content visibility: 

Use group defaults

Author: 

Anonymous

FeaturedSite?: 

NO
Post date: 07/08/2012
Site Comments:

Archive Import
History: The foundation stone of this church was laid on 10 December 1855 and the church building itself was consecrated on 10 December 1856. The church is closely linked to the history of Simonstown. The music for the national anthem was composed in the adjoining parsonage, in 1921 by the then minister of the congregation, the Reverend M. L. de Villiers.
Visual Description:
Colours:
Site Features:
Condition: Fair
Construction Date: 1856
Materials:
Catalogue: Simonstown, No: 133, Significance Category:

 
 

Search form