Sites

9/2/010/0008

Group

SiteHeader

SiteID: 

29450

FullSiteName: 

Historic Ring-Wall of the Old Cemetery, Bird Street, Beaufort West

SiteCategory: 

PropertyIsSite: 

No

ReferenceList: 

Group content visibility: 

Use group defaults

Author: 

Anonymous

FeaturedSite?: 

NO
Post date: 07/08/2012
Site Comments:

Archive Import
History: The original portion of this ring-wall dates from 1857 and was erected when the Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church cemetery was laid out. A joint fund-raising campaign by the N.G. and the Anglican congregations in 1887 enabled them to extend the ring-wall so as to include the Anglican cemetery as well.
Visual Description:
Colours:
Site Features:
Condition:
Construction Date: 1857,1887
Materials:
Catalogue: Beaufort West, No: b, Significance Category:

 
 

Search form